Friday, January 21, 2011

**UPDATE**

So, for the first time in 8 years, I have a job! I've been working for a total of 3 days now and I love it. I've been wanting something like this for a long time. People might think the thing I'm happiest about is the fat pay check I'm going to get working here, but thats not it. Sure, this is the first time in a long time I will have financial stability, but the thing I'm the happiest about is liberation. Just experiencing the fact that I am able to work despite my disabilities is wonderful. I am no longer a prisoner of a disease (for the most part) or surrendering my desires for things that were unobtainable until now. To see that I can lift a heavy box or know that naps are no longer mandatory is truly magnificent! I know there will be those days, you know, those difficult days where I'm fatigued or weak, but until those days come I'm not going to worry about it. I've learned that you should never worry too much, if you do then when you fear about something and it doesn't happen, you've caused all that anxiety and worry for nothing. And if it does come, then at least you won't have twice lived that situation. And so what? Its not the end of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment